Insure my home
Features and benefits
With American Express Home Emergency if you come home to find that your central heating isn’t working or you have a burst pipe, you don’t need to worry about finding a tradesperson you can trust or the expense of an emergency call-out.
All you’d need to do is call the 24hr Emergency Helpline. We would arrange for a local tradesperson to visit at a convenient time and make the emergency repair.
When the work is completed we would then settle the bill with the tradesperson.
Home Emergency is available to American Express Cardmembers for £12.99 per month (incl. Insurance Premium Tax)
- Covers boiler and central heating, plumbing and drainage, total electricity failure, security, glazing and pests
- 24Hr emergency helpline
- Call-out, parts, labour and VAT covered up to £1,000 per claim
- Cover up to £200 towards overnight accommodation if the home is uninhabitable
- No limit to the number of claims
- No excess to pay
- Any boiler that is more than fifteen years old, or has not been serviced in the previous 12 months.
- Leaking or dripping taps that need a new washer.
- External guttering and overflows.
- External water supply after the internal stop tap.
- Electricity failure that only affects part of the property.
- No claim can be made for the first fourteen days of the policy.
The full list of exclusions and limitations can be found in the Terms and Conditions