Key conditions and exclusions
What is not covered
The following incidents would not be covered (check Terms and Conditions for full list of exclusions)
Main policy Conditions:
Before you purchase your insurance cover please check that you and your Gadgets or Mobile Phones are eligible for cover:
- You can only purchase American Express Gadget Insurance if you are 18 years of age or over and live permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Only Gadgets, Desktop Computers or Mobile Phones belonging to you or your resident family members with proof of ownership are eligible for cover.
- The Insured Item(s) must be in full working order when you purchase the insurance and you must be able to provide proof of ownership of the Insured Item(s) in order to make a claim.
- You must keep any Insured Item(s) in a good state of repair and take all reasonable steps to prevent loss, theft or damage.
- Children living away from home (including dorms or universities) are not covered unless they have a policy in their own name.
- Registered items cannot be more than 36 months old at the date of registration or have an original purchase price of more than £1,500.
- Unregistered items cannot be more than 36 months old at the date of an incident that causes a claim.
- We will not pay for more than two incidents in any rolling 12 month period.
There is an excess payable on each and every claim. The excess amount is £50 per item.
In respect of Gadgets, Mobile Phones and Desktop Computers, there is a deferred period of 14 days when there is no cover under the policy. A deferred period applies after the policy start date shown on your welcome email or letter and then after the date you register an item.
8am – 8pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
9am – 5pm Saturday
Claims opening hours:
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
|We accept the following major credit and debit cards. We also accept Direct Debit.|