Key conditions and exclusions
What is not covered
Main policy Conditions:
Before you purchase your insurance cover please check that you and your Gadgets or Mobile Phones are eligible for cover:
- You can only purchase American Express Gadget Insurance if you are 18 years of age or over and live permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Only Gadgets or Mobile Phones belonging to you with proof of ownership are eligible for cover.
- The Insured Item(s) must be in full working order when you purchase the insurance and you must be able to provide proof of ownership of the Insured Item(s) in order to make a claim.
- You must keep any Insured Item(s) in a good state of repair and take all reasonable steps to prevent loss, theft or damage.
- Insured Item(s) cannot be more than 36 months old from the cover start date as specified on your Schedule of Insurance.
- We will not pay for more than two incidents in any rolling 12 month period. Where you have more than one item covered the limit is applicable to each item.
There is an excess payable on each and every claim. The excess amount will depend on the amount you chose when you purchased your policy and is set out in your Schedule of Insurance document.
In respect of Gadgets and Mobile Phones, there is a deferred period of 14 days when there is no cover under the policy. A deferred period applies after the Insured Item(s) cover start date as shown on your Schedule of Insurance document.
8am – 8pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
9am – 5pm Saturday
Claims opening hours:
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
|We accept the following major credit and debit cards. We also accept Direct Debit.|