20% online discount
Pet Insurance General Exclusions
Cat Insurance can start from the time your cat is eight weeks old up until he or she is 10 years old. Once insured, you can continue cover for the rest of your cat’s life.
- Any condition that has been investigated by a vet or is known to you prior to the policy start date
- The costs of post operative, convalescent treatment which your vet confirms you could have provided in your home yourself
- Preventative treatment such as routine vaccinations, cosmetic or voluntary treatment such as neutering for non medical reasons, or for pregnancy
- Treating any injury or illness that is preventable by vaccination and you failed to vaccinate
- Other than for accidental injury, dental treatment is normally excluded except where specifically to relieve suffering provided the pet has been insured under this policy for at least 2 years
- Vet fees to treat an illness or poisoning first occurring or showing signs within 14 days of the start date
- The cost of any transplant, artificial limbs or associated treatment.
- Hospitalisation for alcoholism, drug abuse, attempted suicide or self inflicted injuries
- If your accident or illness occurred or showed symptoms before the policy start date
- Any claim if your illness first occurs or shows symptoms within the first 14 days of cover.
- Non-lifesaving treatment or if your pet’s condition is pre-existing
- If you booked your holiday less than 28 days before you were due to leave or if you can get the expenses back from any other source e.g. travel insurance
- Any claim if your pet’s illness first showed symptoms within 14 days of cover.
Finding your pet
- Any claim for searching for or finding your pet within the first 14 days of cover Loss through theft and straying.
Loss through theft and straying
- Any claim for a lost or stolen pet within the first 14 days of cover.
Death from accident
- Any claim for accidental death as a result of poisoning within the first 14 days of cover.
Waiver of premium
- If your inability to work occurs during the first 30 days of cover
- If you are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- If you are not in full-time employment
- If you were aware of impending unemployment when you took out the policy.
90 days cover for pets abroad
- Any cost associated with complying with the requirement of the Pets Travel Scheme
- Any claim for third party liability outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
For a full list of exclusions please refer to the full policy Terms and Conditions
Pet Insurance sales
Claims / Customer Service