20% online discount
- Dog Insurance can start from the time your dog is eight weeks old up until he or she is eight years old except for certain breeds which is up until he or she is 5 years old. Once insured, you can continue cover for the rest of your dog’s life.
- Any dog that is required to be registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act and/or the Dogs (muzzling) regulations.
Beauceron, Bernese Mountain Dog, Bull Mastiff, Bulldog, Deerhound, Dogue de Bordeaux, Estrela Mountain Dog, Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound, Leonberger, Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland, Old English Bulldog, Old English Sheepdog, Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Shar Pei, St Bernard, Standard Poodle, Tibetan Mastiff and Utonagan.
- Any condition that has been investigated by a vet or is known to you prior to the policy start date
- The costs of post operative, convalescent treatment which your vet confirms you could have provided in your home yourself
- Preventative treatment such as routine vaccinations, cosmetic or voluntary treatment such as neutering for non medical reasons, or for pregnancy
- Treating any injury or illness that is preventable by vaccination and you failed to vaccinate
- Other than for accidental injury, dental treatment is normally excluded except where specifically to relieve suffering provided the pet has been insured under this policy for at least 2 years
- Vet fees to treat an illness or poisoning first occurring or showing signs within 14 days of the start date
- The cost of any transplant, artificial limbs or associated treatment.
- The first £250 of any compensation costs or damages awarded by a court for property which has been damaged
- This benefit is only applicable to dogs
- This benefit does not apply if you are already insured under any other householders’ or liability policy, unless the cover provided by that policy has been exhausted
- The benefit does not apply if the claim is arising as a result of your profession, occupation or business or if your dog is kept on premises licensed for the sale of alcohol.
- Hospitalisation for alcoholism, drug abuse, attempted suicide or self inflicted injuries
- If your accident or illness occurred or showed symptoms before the policy start date
- Any claim if your illness first occurs or shows symptoms within the first 14 days of cover.
- Non-lifesaving treatment or if your pet’s condition is pre-existing
- If you booked your holiday less than 28 days before you were due to leave or if you can get the expenses back from any other source e.g. travel insurance
- Any claim if your pet’s illness first showed symptoms within 14 days of cover.
- Any claim for searching for or finding your pet within the first 14 days of cover.
- Any claim for a lost or stolen pet within the first 14 days of cover.
- Any claim for accidental death as a result of poisoning within the first 14 days of cover.
- If your inability to work occurs during the first 30 days of cover
- If you are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- If you are not in full-time employment
- If you were aware of impending unemployment when you took out the policy.
- Any cost associated with complying with the requirement of the Pets Travel Scheme
- Any claim for third party liability outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Finding your pet
Loss through theft and straying
Death from accident
Waiver of premium
90 days cover for pets abroad
For a full list of exclusions please refer to the full policy Terms and Conditions
Pet Insurance sales
Claims / Customer Service