20% online discount
American Express® Rabbit Insurance products
Looking for protection for your rabbit?
Our Rabbit Insurance is designed to help cover vet bills if your bunny falls ill or gets injured, as well as providing cover for boarding costs if you go to hospital and help towards the cost of finding your pet if it gets lost or stolen.
For more information, please refer to the table below
|Summary of cover levels|
|Annual veterinary fees||Up to £2,000 per policy year|
|Hospitalisation / boarding fees||Up to £250 per policy year|
|Finding your rabbit||Up to £250 per policy year|
|Premium Waiver||Up to 6 months premium|
|Terms and Conditions||Terms and Conditions|
|General Exclusions||General Exclusions|
What you need to know about our Rabbit Insurance
- Rabbit Insurance can start from the time your rabbit is eight weeks old up until he or she is 5 years old. Once insured, you can continue cover for the rest of your rabbit’s life.
- Your rabbit will be covered as soon as you buy insurance online or on the phone. However, cover for illness won’t commence until 14 days after you buy your policy.
- Our Rabbit Insurance policies give you 24/7 access to the Petcall helpline. This means you can speak to a qualified vet nurse, day or night, about your pet concerns.
- An excess is payable, per condition. This forms part of your quotation and as with your premium, is also based on your pet's species, breed, age and where they live.
- You should make sure that you take proper care of your rabbit, including regular check-ups and vaccinations. Our policies do not provide cover for illnesses that arise because you have failed to vaccinate your rabbit.
- Our policies do not cover routine vaccinations, pregnancy or voluntary treatment such as neutering for non-medical reasons.
- Dental treatment is generally excluded from our policies. However, we do provide cover if your rabbit needs dental treatment to relieve suffering and has been insured for at least two years. We can also provide cover for the treatment of deciduous teeth if your rabbit was under 16 weeks old when the policy started.
For full details please refer to the policy Terms and Conditions
Pet Insurance sales
Claims / Customer Service