Start of menu
Search United Kingdom website
Close Menu

Insure my travels

Travel Insurance RETRIEVE a Quote

Travel Insurance RETRIEVE a Quote

Lost passport

If your passport is lost or stolen while you’re abroad, you should report it to the local police straight away. You’ll need the crime reference details to get a new passport. You should also report the theft or loss to the UK embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you are in. The consular office will record the loss or theft of your passport and will forward the information to Her Majesty’s Passport Office, who will cancel your passport to stop someone else using your identity.

All our Travel Insurance policies provide cover of up to £500 for loss of passport.